Strengthening grassroots institutions in forest villages in the area, to promote a system of community forest governance as a sustainable and equitable way to fight deforestation and commodification.
The project activities include:
- Strengthen community institutions for democratic forest governance;
- Enrich value base (both biodiversity and livelihood) of the forest systems being brought under community governance;
- Initiate meaningful community action in conservation as well as strengthening forest-based village economies;
- Promote community conservation of forests as effective climate mitigation strategy;
- In short, bringing the 2006 Forest Rights Act to life and making it work for forest communities.