Edible London is a non-profit Community Interest Company established to respond to many of the entrenched social and economic issues facing deprived communities in London using food, nutrition, education, horticulture, counselling and youth engagement as the vehicles to create fairer, more just societies.
It goes beyond just the free provision of food as an organisation that helps regenerate disused/derelict urban spaces into green accessible and educational community growing spaces, along with providing jobs and increasing resilience for those in the local community.
Achievements to date include:
* Distribution of over 1,000,000 meals worth of ingredients for free to those in those communities most affected by food poverty, along with over 80,000 freshly prepared vegan meals
* Saved over 200 tonnes of fruit and vegetables from going to landfill.
* Established a sub-hub food bank giving out 600 meals once a week.
* Regeneration of 4 disused/derelict urban spaces into community growing spaces
* Provided meaningful volunteering experiences for over 350 individuals